K-dramas do the most awesome of episode ending moments. Not all episode-enders are created equal, of course, but the truly unforgettable ones imprint themselves in your brain. Sometimes your jaw drops, other times your heart threatens to jump right out of your chest cavity, and every time it turns you into a raving lunatic chafing for the next episode. What are some of your favorite episode ending moments from a drama?
Just a few episode endings that made Koala gasp:
1. In Hong Gil Dong, when Yi Nok is in the marketplace and there is smoke all around her. Chang Hwe finds her after thinking she’s been hurt, and looks up to see Gil Dong a few feet behind Yi Nok. Chang Hwe grabs Yi Nok for a hug, genuinely happy she’s not hurt, but also to keep her from seeing Gil Dong after those two have been apart for over a year. Bad Chang Hwe! But OMG so hot. Watching HGD was like watching the battle of Koala’s two guys – Kang Ji Hwan v. Jang Geun Seok.
2. In Secret Garden, when Joo Won held the unconscious Ra Im and drove into the eye of the storm. I may have HUGE issues with this drama, but Kim Eun Sook set that moment up perfectly, and Binnie brought it all home.
3. In Chuno, Un Nyun is shopping in the market when she looks up and through the flapping colorful cloth drapes, she thinks she sees Dae Gil. She looks more carefully, and her jaw drops when she realizes that man she has loved her entire life, and that she thinks has been dead for the last 10 years, is in fact not dead and right in front of her. But too bad this sighting happens right after she has just married another man. Yeah, timing sucks. Actually, the entirety of Chuno had some of the best cliffhangers I’ve ever seen, all in one drama.
4. In Beautiful Days, when Min Chul thinks that Yon Soo has left and he stands by his car with his sad sad back to the bus, and then the bus pulls away and he sees Yon Soo just standing there.
5. In 49 Days, when Ji Hyun is about to take The Great Elevator to the Sky, and then she suddenly gets two more tears to complete her three-tear quest.
6. In I Am Legend, Seol Hee is playing at a club with her band. She knows Tae Hyun is in the audience, but suddenly she stumbles during a verse and her eyes widen. Tae Hyun follows her line of sight and see Ji Wook, Seol Hee’s ex-husband, standing in the back watching her perform, an expression of tenderness in his eyes. The Rat Bastard Bus in IAL was so good it was painful to ride.