jTBC drama Sisyphus: The Myth is officially a totally dumbass drama. It’s so bad it defies sci-fi, fantasy, comedy, thriller, or even basic requirements of storytelling. It makes Alice storytelling look like a Pulitzer Prize winner masterpiece. The drama is the dude who goes through the uploader with a 10% chance of coming through and emerges as a blobby mess as part of the 90% but thinks it’s the 10% that came out unscathed. Episode 4 ended with yet another laughable “action sequence” of Seo Hae and Tae Sul leaping from the bridge just short of their harness being seen but their body contorting in ways that defy movement and gravity. Park Shin Hye is frankly annoying in both character and performance, she’s play-acting tough and isn’t believable and her character is beyond frustrating in refusing to ever just tell Tae Sul everything she knows.
Jo Seung Woo one ups her in annoying, he’s not a fave actor of mine but I don’t dislike him, yet in this drama woo boy I want to punch him in the face every time he makes that confused open-mouth face scrunch which is most of the time in this episode. How the duo escaped first the smugglers of President Park and his crew and then later the Control Bureau continue to be a series of nonsensical happenstance actions coupled with Seo Hae being a martial arts ninja. If she lived in the apocalyptic future I can see her being tough and scrappy but being a fighting champ where would she learn that lol. Plus the opening sequence with her using a cell phone and wireless ear buds to listen to BTS made me headdesk where is she CHARGING both when she’s out scavenging for batteries. AHHHHH WHY IS THIS DRAMA SO STUPID WHY WHY. I kinda wish Seo Hae died when she fell in the water at the end of this episode and next episode is a reboot.